• On occasion of the first edition of the new Italian event, from 11th to 14th May, the Group will exhibit a fleet including also the 55-metre CRN Atlante, the flagship of the whole show;
• In a tribute to Carlo Riva, two historic Aquarama models will be on display and, on Thursday, 11th May, the award ceremony for the first “Carlo Riva Prize”, created by Maestro Mimmo Paladino, will take place;
• The Versilia Yachting Rendez-Vous will combine yachting with fashion, art and cuisine, landing on different places in Versilia, including Forte dei Marmi and Pietrasanta.
Ferretti Group takes part in the first edition of the Versilia Yachting Rendez-Vous deploying an imposing fleet and honouring a protagonist in its history: Mr. Carlo Riva, who passed away last April. 15 boats, from 8 to 55 metres will represent the brands Ferretti Yachts, Riva, Pershing, Custom Line, Itama, CRN and the new business unit Ferretti Security & Defence.
Three stands, located in the Europa Dock and Italia Dock, will host an extremely varied fleet with open, coupé, flybridge, maxi and mega yachts, as well as two historic Riva motorboats:
• Ferretti Yachts 450, Ferretti Yachts 700 and Ferretti Yachts 750;
• Aquariva Super, Rivamare, 76’ Bahamas, 76’ Perseo, 88’ Florida and the legendary Aquarama Special and Aquarama Super for the Riva brand;
• Pershing 5X;
• Navetta 33 Crescendo by Custom Line;
• Itama 62;
• the megayacht CRN 55-metre Atlante;
• FSD 195 for Ferretti Security & Defence.
More specifically, the 55-metre CRN Atlante is the largest vessel of the whole Versilia Yachting Rendez-Vous.
In a tribute to the greatness of Carlo Riva, the Aquarama Super will be exhibited on land in a dedicated area of the Europa Dock. On May 11th, during a gala dinner at the Gran Teatro Giacomo Puccini, the first “Carlo Riva Prize” will be assigned; the prize has been created by the artist Mimmo Paladino, one of the Maestros of contemporary art and founder of the Transavanguardia (Transavantguarde) movement. The acknowledgement will be awarded to an eminent representative in the international yachting scene.
“As the second yachting group in the world and founding member of Nautica Italiana, we were absolutely thrilled to join the first edition of the Versilia Yachting Rendez-Vous”, explained Mr. Alberto Galassi, CEO of the Ferretti Group.
“Among Italy’s tourist destinations, Versilia is one of the most popular worldwide for its beauty, yachting culture and quality accommodation facilities. It is the perfect setting for an event that promises to become the new showcase for Made-in-Italy luxury yachting and much more, given the participation of so many international brands.
It is here that many years ago the myth of Aquarama was born, the legend of wooden boats that has passed on its elegant and refined style to contemporary boats. This is why I am especially happy that the first Carlo Riva Prize is being held here, to honour the memory of a genius of the 20th century and celebrate great Italian yachting, the standard-bearer of a style admired by the whole world.”
From May 11th to 14th, the first edition of the Versilia Yachting Rendez-Vous, organised by Nautica Italiana and Fiera Milano, is ready to welcome yachting and Italian style aficionados, with a rich programme of fringe events dedicated to haute cuisine, design, art and fashion. The venue of the show will be the docks of Viareggio, plus over 10 kilometres of Tuscan coast, including popular locations such as Pietrasanta and Forte dei Marmi.