The new Ferretti 731 (74 feet - 22,68 metres) is the result of collaboration between the Zuccon International Project studio and FERRETTI YACHTS Engineering. It offers a revolutionary layout compared to the traditional style thanks to a number of elements: a more sporting and plucky profile; a symmetrical perspective with respect to the central axle of the boat both inside and on the flying bridge; the use of pale, opaque teak varnished with open pores; more defined spaces and lines and more modern details.
Different innovative solutions have been put into practice in order to optimise life on board and in particular outside:
• for the first time, the control bridge on the flying bridge has been situated in a more central backward position in order to offer a wider view of rigging and voyage. Moreover, the driver's chair, which can swivel through 360°, permits the Ferretti 731 ship owner to turn around in order to share moments of relaxation with his guests, seated on the U shaped dinette behind.
• in the ship owner's cabin, a wide panoramic open-view window that also contains two lateral portholes that can be opened, offers a wide view of the sea, both from the bed and from the shower.
• the prow's sun-bathing area, situated in the most sunny area of the flying bridge, has been considerably enlargened.
• a further practical and revolutionary solution can also be found on the flying bridge with the "bimini" top which boasts a new concept that can be applied electrically and finds accommodation in the roll bar instead of on the prow.
• on the stern, an bench at sea level which remains closed during navigation but which can easily be opened, creates a small beach area where it is possible to lie down in the sun .
• in the cockpit there is sofa for sun-bathing and a table that is able to accommodate up to eight people.
In line with the new project concept, the large hall is characterized by the presence of two symmetrical sofas in pale leather which create a sitting structure that is U-shaped on both sides, accompanied by two support tables in crystal.
The plasma television is situated in the centre of the hall, inside a piece of furniture which, thanks to its pop-up mechanism, can be moved to make it visible from the cockpit as well. The back of the piece of furniture can be used as a bar area and is directed towards the dinning-room.
A step divides the living area from the dinning hall. In the hall eight people can fit comfortably around a glass table tempered with table-feet which are covered with opaque leather and visible stitching, like the chairs. From the hall it is possible to reach the flying bridge by stairs, whereas two sliding doors permit entrance to the kitchen from one side and the control bridge from the other.
The driving zone in the Ferretti 731, made from new grey anthracite materials, is centralized in order to offer a larger visibility during navigation. It also offers better control of the on-board instruments which are concentrated in one panel and equipped with the new technological monitoring system NAVIOP. Simple and intuitive to use thanks to the touch-screen monitor, it can keep the electric system, the levels and the alarm conditions under control and provides a multitude of useful information for the boat management. It can also communicate information via SMS and increases security and comfort during navigation. Moreover, with NAVIOP it is possible to completely run the heating, the lighting and the audio/video systems, in a way that certain preset atmospheres can be brought about.
Access to the control bridge - equipped with a dinette with a small revolving table in order to share the experience of navigation with the guests - is made easier by two external hatches that allow the crew to reach the commands without disturbing the guests in the living area.
The kitchen, which is light lacquered with a granite surface and with the cooking area in glass-baked clay, is equipped with a window on the ceiling which allows more light to enter and makes for better airing. It also has an opaque glass wall that filters the light that comes in from the outside hatch.
The lower deck, the real treasure of the innovative Ferretti 731, is the ship owner's cabin. It is equipped with a large wardrobe cabin and a LCD television. It is set out lengthwise and enjoys a large window on both sides (m.1,60 x m.1,20) that enables a view of the sea either from the bed or from the spacious shower, separated from the bathroom by a sliding door, with the commands placed on the bench situated below the window. The spacious bathroom is moreover characterized by an original tear-shaped wash-basin of Afromosian wood with a disappearing soap dispenser. A Jacuzzi is also available on request.
As in all the FERRETTI yachts, great care is dedicated to the details and to the quality of the finishes and the accessories. Ferretti 731cabins have walls covered with light fabric which act as a frame to the glass windows where the light enters abundantly. The beds are in teak and are overlapped by heads of leather which are coloured like the earth of Siena. The bathrooms are marked by a choice of elements of contemporary design with oval wash-basins.
Moving on towards the prow, we reach the VIP cabin with private bathroom and wardrobe cabin and the two guest cabins, provided with twin beds and bathroom (the bathroom of the left cabin also acts as a daily bathroom and is accessible from the between decks).
Finally, in order to muffle the noises, the machine room has been placed between the crew cabin and the guest cabin in a way that the tank separates the rooms from the night area.