Position purpose: The Naval Project team is responsible for the development of the naval architecture and therefore involved in the design process from the initial briefing right through to the final sea trial, and beyond. They are responsible for internally monitoring the vessel’s stability, performance, regulatory compliance, and shipyard requirements.
The Naval Project Engineer will be involved also for the weight estimatelculation and close supervision of yachts weight and centres, both through the design and build stages.
Check the weight control for each project, prepare the relative update of the weight exponent and carry out stability analysis until the relevant test (inclining test) with the Classification / Flag Bodies.
• Basic Design activities (gross tonnage, power prediction, freeboard calculation, escape and structural fire protection plan)
• Carrying out weight and centers calculation at the preliminary design stage;
• Carrying out intact and damage stability analysis and developing loading conditions for new vessels
• Final weight surveys and inclining experiments.
Internal Relations: All technical Areas of the Engineering Department, Purchasing Department, Production Department.
External Relations: Class and Flag surveyors, suppliers, consultants.
Reports to: New Project Supervisor
• Masters and/or Degree in Naval Architecture
• At least 3 years of professional experience in Naval Platform design
• Experience in Design for manufacturing and assembly
• Product value analysis techniques knowledge
• Naval & Nautical design knowledge
• Expertise of product Innovation
• IT Tools advanced knowledge (project, excel, design and visualization software such as 3D CAD…) and familiarity with Microstation, Maxsurf and Hydromax
• Good level of English both spoken and written
• Target Oriented and a decision making approach
• Change Management Ability
• Ability to handle tight deadlines across multiple projects